Monday, July 28, 2008

The Story of Stuff

This is a great video i just came across in a blog called jetsongreen.

Its called The Story of Stuff and it is a 20 minute video about the cycle of consumption in our country and the world, how it works and how to break that cycle.

A lot of what troubles people (and me) about this green revolution is "will this really change things." If I take 5 minute showers.... if everyone takes 5 minute showers will this change things? If I don't eat meat am I changing things.

I struggle with these questions (and others like them) everyday. Please Please Please watch this video. And then share it with a friend so you can discuss what it means and what needs to be done.

I just wrote my family an email with the subject "If you love me you will watch this video." I did that because I think this video hits it on the head what is wrong with our current trends in consumption. Also it is in a very easy to understand and visual way.

Enjoy the video.



DC


Quote from the site: "The Story of Stuff exposes the connections between a huge number of environmental and social issues, and calls us together to create a more sustainable and just world. It'll teach you something, it'll make you laugh, and it just may change the way you look at all the stuff in your life forever."

No comments: